XXII IRSPM Annual Conference
‘Creating and co-creating value in public service delivery’.
11-13 April 2018
Centre for Service Excellence, University of Edinburgh Business School, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
Call for Panel Proposals
On behalf of the Scientific Committee for the XXII IRSPM Conference, to be held at the University of Edinburgh Business School over 11 – 13 April 2018, the Scientific Committee now cordially invites you to submit Panel proposals.
IRSPM uses a two-stage process in compiling the conference programme. This first stage is for PANEL proposals. The Scientific Committee will evaluate these in terms of their contribution both to our research community and to the coherence of the Conference programme. In the second stage, successful panel chairs will then be invited to circulate a ‘call for papers’ for their panel, both through the conference web-site and their own networks.
Panel proposals should address either the conference theme (of which there are full detail on the conference website) or another key issue in theory and knowledge in public management. Collaborative proposals are particularly welcome with two or three co-chairs.
For those panels accepted by the Scientific Committee, it is the responsibility of panel chair(s) to:
- solicit abstracts for papers and review them in line with the conference guidelines and deadlines,
- notify the Conference Chairs of the acceptance and rejection of papers in a timely manner,
- provide adequate feedback to be forwarded to authors,
- advise the Local Organising Committee as to how many panel track sessions they will require in the Programme,
- plan the arrangement of papers in their panel track in collaboration with the Local Organising Committee and arrange for discussants if appropriate,
- provide a nomination from their panel for the best paper, if applicable,
- at the Conference, ensure that arrangements are in place for the chairing and moderation of panel sessions, and
- at the conclusion of the Conference, complete a brief evaluation.
Whilst it is recognised that the content of any Panel is dependent upon the submissions made to it, and their overall quality, the Local Organising Committee asks all Panel Chairs to take due consideration of gender and diversity balance in their Panels and in arrangements for chairing their Panel sessions.
Please note that in the case of similar or over-lapping panel submissions, the Scientific Committee may ask panel chairs to collaborate in leading consolidated panels to ensure the overall coherence of the conference.
Submission of Panel Proposals
All panel proposals should include the title of the panel, the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the chair(s) and a contact email, a description of the panel topic, and an explanation of its contribution to the field of public management. Any innovative element of the Panel should also be noted. Proposals should be in 12-point Times Roman font. They must not exceed one page. Longer proposals will be rejected. Note that the conference language is English and that all Panel proposals (and subsequent papers) must be in English.
Panel proposals must be submitted through the conference email: email@example.com, and no later than 17.00 (BST) on Friday 16th June 2017.